A gentle form of yoga, done seated or standing with a chair. As with most yoga practices, this modality offers improved flexibility , better concentration and increased strength. It reduces joint strain and can be done anywhere. Don’t be fooled, you can get an amazing practice in a chair!
As well as advanced yoga asanas, this practice can be done in the office, on a plane, anywhere you can grab a chair and have a bit of space to stretch, both your mind and body!
- Improves flexibility, an important component of physical health
- Yoga helps with stress relief, APA acknowledges 84% of us deal with prolonged stress
- Yoga improves mental health, MDD, a major depressive disorder, yoga is nrecommended as an effective alternative treatment
- Yoga increases strength
- Yoga reduces anxiety
- Yoga improves QOL, quality of life, or our perception of goals, expectations, standards and concerns
- Yoga improves balance and overall performance in all physical activities
- Yoga has been know to improve cardiovascular functioning
- Yoga has improved insomnia for many
- Studies have shone that yoga improves bone health and staves of osteoporosis
- Yoga promotes better posture and body awareness
- As a mind body exercise, reviews have shown yoga to improve brain functioning
- A recent study during pandemic concluded that yoga reduced the side effects of burnout, by improving interoceptive awareness
Ogden teaches a lovely seated yoga class . She is adept at bringing flowing movements that provide a vigorous but calming session while accommodating our physical limitations. We also read poetry & she talks about things of interest to us, very good class.” CS